||Weekly Class Schedule
||Legal Writing and Drafting
||Tu 11:00-13:00/Th 10:00-11:00
||It is a prerequisite to
||Office Hours / Room / Phone
||The main objective of this course is to instruct students to master the necessary knowledge for the process of drafting legal documents. In that way, except of gaining knowledge for writing legal documents, they will be able to critically analyse existing ones.
||1. Drafting Legislation (Philosophy and Theory of Law: European Law), Constantin Stefanou, Helen Xanthaki 2008.
2. Pravno normiranje (Legal drafting), Muba Peleš Dizdarević, Sarajevo, 1988.
3. Unified Rules For Legislative Drafting In The Institutions Of Bosnia And Herzegovina (Official Gazette of BiH”, No. 11/05, 58/14 and 60/14).
||After successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the structure of regulation and its obligatory parts.
- Differ nomotechnical parts of regulation.
- Understand the difference between different legal systems and their methods of legal drafting.
- Have comprehensive insight into legislative procedure.
- Analyse and draft structure of legal documents.
||Class discussions with examples. Active sessions for engaged learning and continuous feedback on progress. Team and individual assigments.
||Introduction to nomotechnics.
||Stefanou et al., 321-335
||Legal Drafting and Writing systems.
||Peleš, pp. 14-25/ MPP
||Legal drafting of general legal acts versus legal drafting of individual acts.
||Legislative power and legislation process
||Peleš, pp. 25-38
||Structure of the regulations: the introductory part; preamble, title.
||Peleš, pp. 51-57, Unified Rules
||Structure of the regulations: view of the content, subject, definition.
||Peleš, pp. 57-59, Unified Rules
||Structure of the regulations: the main part; the final part; annex.
||Peleš, pp. 60-66, Unified Rules
||Nomo technical parts: part, chapter, section, article, paragraph, point, indent.
||The terminology of regulations: citation; quotation; use of abbreviations;
||Peleš, pp. 107-112, Unified Rules
||The terminology of regulations: making amendments to the regulations; production of the revised text; regulations adjustments;
||Peleš, pp. 112-118, Unified Rules
||Explanation of regulation: draft and proposed regulations.
||MPP; Stefanou et al., 35-49
||Legal drafting in EU: types of legal acts.
||Stefanou et al., 177-179
||Legal Drafting in EU: structure of legal act.