||Weekly Class Schedule
||International Business Law
||MON: 13- 15:00, WED: 11-12:00
||It is a prerequisite to
||Office Hours / Room / Phone
||The goal of this course is to introduce students to: The Introduction to International and Comparative Law, State responsibility and Environmental regulation, Dispute settlement, The Multinational enterprise, Trade in goods, Services and Labor, Intellectual property, Sales, Financing and Taxation.
|| August, R. "International Business Law: Text, Cases and Readings". Prentice Hall, 3rd. Ed.
||After successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Define the international business law and its purpose and distinguish among international and comparative law.
- Explain the reasoning behind state responsibility and environmental regulation.
- Formulate the process of dispute settlement, functioning of multinational enterprise and trade in goods.
- Explain the nature and types of services and labor and intellectual property.
- Interpret the legal and business principles behind types of sales, financing and taxation.
||The methods include lectures (which may involve power point presentation, video and audio aids) and class discussions.
||Introduction to International and Comparative law
||Ch. 1- The Book
||State responsibility and Environmental regulation
||Ch. 2- The Book
||Dispute settlement and Review for Quiz Nr. 1.) on assigned Chapters 1, 2 & 3.
||Ch. 3- The Book
||Quiz Nr. 1.) on Chapers 1, 2 & 3. and Ch. 4. The Multinational Enterprise Lecture
||Ch. 1, 2, 3 & 4- The Book
||Trade in Goods & Review for Midterm exam on assigned Chapters
||Ch. 7- The Book & assigned Chapters
||Ch. 1, 2, 3, 4 & 7
||Services and Labor
||Ch. 8. - The Book
||Ch. 9. - The Book
||Review for Quiz Nr. 2. on assigned Chapters and Chapter on Sales Lecture
||Ch. 10. - The Book
||Quiz Nr. 2.) on Chapers 8, 9, & 10.
||Ch. 8, 9 & 10 - The Book
||Financing Part 1.)
||Ch. 12. - The Book
||Financing Part 2.)
||Ch. 12. - The Book
||Ch. 13. - The Book
||Review for Final Exam
||Ch: 4,7,8,9,10,12 & 13 - The Book