||Weekly Class Schedule
||Civil Law II
||Thursday 9:00 - 11:50
||It is a prerequisite to
||Office Hours / Room / Phone
||Expert in practice Irma Mešić
||This required course complements, completes, and reinforces the instructional materials in LAW 103, Civil Law I.
||1. Understanding Familiy Law, 2004, ME Rodgers; Cavendish Publishing Limited, The Glass House, UK.
2. International Family Law, An introduction, 2005, Barbara Stark; Ashgate Publishing Limited, England.
3. “Family law, text, cases and materials”, Sonnia Haris Short, Joanna Miles (2011); Oxford University.
4. Materials provided by the lecturer.
||After successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify main determinants of family law.
- Compare family law institutes in various legal systems.
- Understanding of the basic institutes of family law.
- Analyze specific cases from the practice of family law.
- Discuss issues arising from the family law.
||Ex cathedra lectures with active class participation, discussions, practical exercises
||Introduction to the family law.
||3rd book Chapter 1; PP. 1-26
||Marriage. Partnerships other than marriage.
||1st book Chapter 1; PP. 1-15; 2nd book Chapter 1&2; PP. 13-53
||Nullity and legal separation. The law on divorce. Property and finance on divorce and without divorce. Divorce/Marital status. Divorce/maintenance and support. Divorce/property distribution.
||1st book Chapter 2,3,4&5; PP. 15-87 2nd book Chapter 4,5&6; PP75-137
||1st book Chapter 6; PP 107-129 2nd book Chapter 10; PP 205-227
||Fundamental principles of the law relating to children.
||3rd book Chapter 8; PP 521 - 580
||Covers the preceding material
||The law relating children. The private law relating to children. The public law relating to children.
||1st book Chapter 8,9&10; PP 147-245
||Becoming a legal parent and the consequences of leal parenthood. Parental responsability.
||3rd book Chapter 9&10; PP 581-713
||3rd book Chapter 12; PP 803-887
||Child custody and abduction.
||2nd book Chapter 9; PP 181-205
||1st book Chapter 11; PP 245-259 3rd book Chapter 13; PP 955-968
||1st book Chapter 7; PP 129-147 2nd book Chapter 11; PP 227-249 3rd book Chapter 4; PP 203-282
||Human rights of the family and human rights of individuals within the family.
||2nd book Chapter 12; PP 249-269
||Final exam preparation.