||Weekly Class Schedule
||Research Methods in Business
||Mon: 16- 17:00, Wed :14-16:00
||It is a prerequisite to
||Office Hours / Room / Phone
||The aim of this course is to provide students with new and interactive way of introducing business research. Focus of this course is to provide tools students will need to develop research skills, properly understand research ethics, research philosophy and role of theory. This course shall enable students to obtain sound insights into literature review and introduction to quanititave and qualitative research methodology and design. In conclusion, this course shall prove useful in familiarizing the students with populations and sampling, data management, data analysis, research proposal writing and completing and presenting the entire research.
||Quinlan, C. Babin, B., Carr, J., Griffin, M. & Zikmund, W.G. (2015). Business Research Methods. (1st.Ed.). Cengage Learning EMEA. ISBN: 13- 978-1473704855.
||After successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the Business Research Process and its connections with related research skills, philosophy, theory and ethics.
- Identify steps of and insights in the proper (secondary) literature review research, quantitative and qualitative method & design.
- Become familiar with different types of populations, observations, fieldwork and sampling.
- Become knowledgeable with data management and data analysis in quantitative and qualitative research designs.
- Apply knowledge in research proposal writing and completion of the entire research project.
||The methods include lectures (which may involve power point presentation, video and audio aids) and class discussions.
||Introducing Business Research
||Ch. 1 - The Book
||Developing Research Skills
||Ch. 2 - The Book
||Understanding Research Ethics and Review for Quiz Nr. 1.) on assigned Chapters
||Ch. 1, 2 & 3 - The Book
||Quiz Nr. 1.) on Chapers 1, 2 & 3. and Ch. 6. The Literature Review
||Ch. 1, 2, 3 & 6- The Book
||Quantitative Research: An Introduction to Measurement & Review for Midterm exam
||Midterm exam on assigned Chapters
||Ch. 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7
||Qualitative Research: An Introduction
||Research Methodology and Design
||Understanding Populations and Sampling
||Review on Quiz Nr. 2.) on Chapters 8, 9, & 10. & Ch. 11.) Writing the Research Proposal
||Ch. 8, 9 & 10 - The Book + Ch. 11.
||Quiz Nr. 2.) on Chapters 8, 9, & 10.
||Ch. 8, 9 & 10 - The Book
||Surveys and Questionnaires
||Ch. 15. - The Book
||Managing Data and Introducing Data Analysis and Review for Final Exam
||Ch. 17. - The Book
||Final Exam on assigned Chapters
||Ch: 6,7,10,13,14,16 & 17